CAREER OPPORTUNITIES ~ CANADA
Life's short, eh... Work somewhere great!
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Do you thrive in an open collborative team environment? If so, come grow with us and we can succeed together! See our current available Canadian positions below.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A PAYTECH PROJECT MANAGER
As a PayTech Project Manager, you will bring more than just your project management experience to PayTech. You will also add your HCM experience to our diverse team in areas such as HR, Payroll, HRIS, Benefits, and Consulting. Not only will you strategically manage projects of varying complexities while acting on behalf of the client, you will also perform tactical activities which the client may not have the staff and/ or time to accomplish. We always leave our clients with a sense of relief and feeling of empowerment to successfully continue their strategic objectives. You will feel like a hero after each engagement!
PayTech offers many services in the Project Management arena. The larger-scale projects include HCM system implementations, optimizations, and post-implementation support. Some of the smaller projects would be managing the implementation of a particular module of an HCM system, open enrollment setup, augmented training, or providing implementation support in a consultative role. Regardless of the project type, we meld our strategic management and tactical abilities to provide the most value to our clients.
To get a good feel for what a day in the life of a Project Manager at PayTech looks like, we will use an Optimization and Implementation of Recommendations as our example. This service requires functional, analytical, and tactical skills and represents typical functions in nearly every project we encounter. PayTech’s Optimization service is a thorough analysis of a client’s systems, processes, and people that support HR and Payroll. You are the PayTech HERO assigned to support this engagement! You will look at the full employee life cycle, shadowing with the individuals who process payroll, run reports, interface with other departments, etc.
The Project Manager typically will be on-site with the client initially to interview subject matter experts in payroll, HR, accounting, and/or anyone else who may be involved with the entire employee life cycle. The purpose is to gain knowledge of how the client is currently doing business. Once you have completed all the interviews, you will analyze each area to determine if and how the client can be performing tasks more efficiently and/ or with less risk than in the current state. These may include opportunities for automation, data cleanup, additional training, etc. For each item that could be improved, you will determine what the best method is to correct or improve the issue and identify what the positive business impact would be if the change is implemented.
Once the client agrees on the recommendations to implement, a project plan is created to move forward with the implementation items. During this phase of the project, you will be navigating the HCM system, configuring changes to foundation tables, testing the changes, creating reports, and executing additional tactical elements. You will also be strategically tracking the progress of the project, meeting with the client frequently, acting as the liaison between the client and the vendor project team, ensuring the project milestones are met on time and within budget, and interfacing with the client’s Executive team. Travel on engagements is dependent on the needs of the client and can vary from engagement to engagement.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, check out our full job description for additional details.
These are full-time T4 positions. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, bonus potential, and the opportunity for training and advancement. The Project Manager position is remote unless traveling for a client.
The Senior Consultant uses his/her knowledge of Payroll, Tax, Human Resources, and Benefits management to provide assistance to clients in these areas. This position requires the ability to identify client needs and provide recommendations utilizing payroll best practices through evaluation and analysis. This position requires the ability to work with all levels of staff (internal and external), utilizing clear, effective communication. Requires the ability to evaluate and communicate performance of other team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Full cycle Canadian payroll management to include all facets of the payroll process.
• Identify areas of opportunity for process improvement thru interviews and analysis
• Support the implementation of process improvements.
• Manage both internal and external audits of client information to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance and resolve audit discrepancies.
• Evaluate client system utilization to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Consult on system upgrades, to include coordination of client deliverables, testing requirements and successful go-lives.
• Consult on system implementations, including highly complex consolidations, data migrations and conversions, including the coordination of client deliverables, testing requirements, and ensuring successful go-lives.
• Align client processes to comply with required federal/provincial/territorial regulations
• Benefit management, including system alignment with vendor contract and plan documents.
• Communicate with Senior Management and escalate concerns as appropriate
• Submit accurate and timely billing worksheets to PayTech to support client invoicing
• Submit accurate and timely expense reports per guidelines outlined in the PayTech Travel Policy.
• Submit weekly status update to PayTech management each week for billing purposes
• Adhere to all internal policies and guidelines
• Back-up all developed documentation in secured location on the PayTech server
• Develop and/or present internal training
• Travel as needed to meet client project requirements.
7+ years of payroll experience. Experience in managing staff, teams, or projects is required. Demonstrated understanding of payroll best practices. Working knowledge of multiple payroll systems and related systems. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and HR/Payroll systems, including ADP, Ultimate Software and/or Ceridian. Proven oral and written communication skills. French/English bilingualism a plus. Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of employees and management. Human Resources and Payroll Tax experience a plus. Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills. Current Canadian Payroll Association certification (PCP or CPM) or equivalent work experience. This position is required to travel. When traveling this position frequently moves/ lifts luggage materials weighing up to 50 pounds. When not traveling, this position must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
At PayTech, we believe that our employees are our most important assets. We place great importance in helping our employees find a balance between their work and personal lives. We offer a competitive benefits package, paid time off, and various benefits that recognize the needs of our employees.
Generous vacation time
Paid provincial holidays
Extended health care
Additional compensation bonuses
Industry recognized certifications
Connecting GREAT Candidates
to GREAT Jobs!
If you have questions please contact:
Gregg Fairweather, CIR
Corporate Recruiter, Human Resources